Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Interrogation of Carol Graham

Good morning!

Little bit of quiet please we have a fresh victim guest in the hot seat.
Please make Carol Graham feel at home.
Excuse me Carol ... we have a troublemaker in the audience.
You with the red shirt stop chattering! Rude! 
That's right I'm waiting for you. 
For goodness sake people, get your drinks and settle down so we can get started. Haven’t got all day to mess around here.

What’s your favorite type of takeaway? (Yes, that means take-out in NZ speak)  
NONE -- I'm a great cook and do not like most restaurant food

Describe your current mental status. 
Overwhelmed - it is where I live and breathe -- but extremely organized

I know how I do what I do … but how do you do what you do?
As perfectly as I can


Could you tell us a little bit about your latest work?   

Here is my books blurb:  Unbelievable memoir -- Carol is a resilient woman who endured traumatic events that would cause most others to roll over and quit. The challenges of cancer, rape, marital abuse, jail, suicide attempt, loss of child and financial ruin coupled with a determination to succeed compels the reader to root for her to triumph. You will identify with Carol on many emotional terrains of love, loss, suffering, pain, heartbreak and ultimately renewal. This fast paced memoir reads with all the elements of a good novel - character, conflict, suspense and resolution.  Follow her family through insurmountable hardships and witness the tenacity it takes for Carol to survive.  This is her true gripping story of hope, perseverance, and faith.

Do you have a favorite coffee or tea? 
Decaf Mocha

 Walk us through a typical day. (Do you make sure you’re wearing your lucky underpants before you sit down to write, perhaps you prefer commando? While we’re discussing your underpants, boxers, briefs, or budgie smugglers. Inquiring minds want to know. Yes, that includes my Admins… we don’t piss off the Admins.) 
All of my jobs require underwear.   I own and operate two jewelry stores.  I am a health coach and symptomologist who promotes prevention of disease and building a strong immune system.  I travel extensively as an inspirational speaker.  I have an online jewelry business.  I am an active blogger.  My creative juices start running around 10 p.m. and I continue writing until I fall asleep.

Tell us about your main character. (How did you first meet? Would you like to hang out with him/her? What delights you the most about writing him/her? You get the idea …)  
My main character is myself.  I wish I had met her  before I had because I could have probably kept her from making so many mistakes.

Who are your favorite writers?  
Harlan Coben and John Grisham

Who inspires you to do better?
My dogs and my daughter.  They get me!

Do you ever put pants on your dog, cat, or budgie?
Who doesn't?

Describe your perfect day.
Any day I can make a buck instead of losing one.

Do you have any quirks? 
OCD

All-time favorite movie and why? 
 A Star is Born  -- for some unknown reason, I related.  Just not a star yet.

Do you enjoy the editing process?
Process?  Do you mean someone editing me or me editing them.  I read dozens of blogs every day and would love to use a red pencil.  Wrote a blog about it, actually


If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Closer to my daughter -- we are headed there within the year.

What is one thing you know about New Zealand?  (Please do not mention LOTR or The Hobbit. Am well over them!)
Never been there buy my sis-in-law lived there.  Does that count?

Yes I believe it might count – Cat.




Favorite Pizza topping? 
I make the BEST pizza.  We never ever eat pizza out because it just does not compare.  Favorite pizza - hands down -- Mexican.

Pretty bold move telling the Queen of homemade pizza that you make the best pizza, Carol! Impressive claim indeed. - Cat

What were you before you became a writer?
See number 6

What is the most random thing you have ever done? 
 Too many to list.  Probably the best answer would be to "speak my mind, speak out for justice, stand up for the underdog" This gets me in trouble but -- do you think I actually care?

 If you’re not working, what are you most likely doing?
Working

Who is your ultimate character?
Not a clue

Whiskey or Bourbon? Red or white wine?
Any

Have you ever been to New Zealand? And if not, why not? 
No idea

What’s in your pockets? (Or handbag, whatever you carry your stuff in. Are you apocalypse prepared?)
Nope.  My handbag is as organized as my house and my life and my desk.

Laptop, PC, tablet?
 All three -- except I have two PC's on my desk.

Ebook or tree book? 
Both.  I use my tree book when I travel and speak

Favorite apocalyptic scenario?  
Huh?

Where do you do most of your writing?
I work best on my P C -- I type far too fast for a laptop or tablet.

What’s the hardest thing for you when it comes to being an author? (For me it’s marketing but for others it’s the actual writing …)
Most definitely marketing.    Blogging works best for me but is terribly time consuming.  My greatest response has been to blog regularly but NOT about my book.  My book is subtly mentioned and I believe that is why it works.  I have been in sales my whole life and I know the only way to sell anything is to sell yourself first.  If someone likes YOU, they will buy your product.  Passion is a MUST.  This is what makes me a great health coach.  I am passionate about it, been doing it for close to 4 decades and was pole vaulted into it when I was give 2 years to live - 40 years ago.  I would not accept that diagnosis -- but that is another story.....


Thanks for sitting in the chair Carol.
We enjoyed getting to know you a little bit.

Links:

BLOG: 
Amazon:    
YOU TUBE:   
Twitter:   @BatteredHope

I see you...

Blog Archive